Following the recommendations of the European Commission, our marketplace team is fighting against counterfeit goods on Prom:
- we remove from the catalog all products that contain “copy” or “replica” words in the title and/or description;
- we prohibit the creation/import of such goods on Prom.
Dealing ork with requests from IP rights holders
In 2021, we received 21,158 requests from IP rights holders and removed 960,000 items. This is comparable to 2020 (20,715 requests and 823,000 removed items), despite the fact that total number of items on Prom in 2021 increased by 7%.
This is comparable to the figures for the year 2020.
On average, our specialist spends 22 minutes reviewing a request and removing goods if the copyright holder has provided the entire package of documents.
Top 3 categories in which we received complaints:
- clothing and footwear;
- accessories and jewellry;
The signing of memorandums and cooperation with IP rights holders
Since 2021, we have signed two more memorandums with companies in the field of cosmetics and agronomy. Such agreements help speed up and simplify the consideration of appeals for both parties.
To develop the e-commerce market in Ukraine, we share our experience at specialized conferences and working groups:
- Intellectual property in international business. Trends 2022.
- What is the difference between a gig contract and a contract with a private individual.
- TOP 5 privacy risks for IT businesses in 2022.
- IT contract negotiation.
- GDPR compliance for complex projects.
- Supply of software products: the view of a lawyer and auditor.
- Statement of protection of trademark rights: practical aspects.
You can find up-to-date information on how complaints are handled on the Content Rights Protection page.